Begin the scenic drive from the Central Highlands to the Caribbean coast in the early morning. Upon reaching the coast, board a jungle boat to meander through the languid tropical rivers and canals of Tortuguero’s lowland rain forest in search of shore birds, sloths, monkeys, and caimans. Corcovado is a true wonder of the world, a magical place in the southern part of the Pacific coast of Costa Rica, in the Osa Peninsula. Enjoy activities like hiking, zip line and snorkeling.
- A 8-day Costa Rica Family Adventure itinerary.
- Delve into Costa Rica’s vast natural wonders.
- Visit the Canals of Tortuguero National Park |Canopy Zip Line.
- Discover about traditions in Costa Rica, such as masquerades.
- Enjoy a cooking class at San José.
- Bed down in comfy lodgings throughout.
- Visit the hidden paradise of Corcovado.
- Explore the unique Corcovado National Park on a guided hike.
- Enjoy a snorkeling class at Caño Island.
- 2-night accommodation in San José or similar.
- 2-night accommodation in Hotel Manatus Luxury or similar.
- 3-night accommodation in Corcovado or similar.
- Cooking class at San José.
- Local flight from Tortuguero to Corcovado.
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner).
- Visit the village of Tortuguero.
- Boat tour through the canals of Tortuguero.
- Airport taxes.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Extra beverages and alcoholic drinks.
- Meals, souvenirs and other local and personal expenses not specified in the itinerary.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- Please note: optional activities can be purchased while in Costa Rica.
- Not recommended for participants with cardiac situations or special medical conditions.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- Please be aware that a minimum physical condition is required.
- Not accessible by wheelchair.
|Location||Tortuguero and Corcovado|
|Duration||8 Days and 7 Nights|
|Dates||August 14 to 21, December 09 to 16, November 03 to 11, November 18 to 26|
Day 1: San José
Receive a warm, Costa Rican welcome transfer to your hotel. You’ll recognize your guide by their green shirt. He will be holding a sign with your name on it. Enjoy a culinary experience in your first night stand in this beautiful country.
Day 2: Tortuguero - Hotel Manatus Luxury
Begin the scenic drive from the Central Highlands to the Caribbean coast in the early morning, passing through small towns, lush farmlands, and forests until descending among the many banana plantations of the Caribbean lowlands. Bananas were once Costa Rica’s primary export crop before the introduction of coffee. Upon reaching the coast, board a jungle boat to meander through the languid tropical rivers and canals of Tortuguero’s lowland rain forest in search of shore birds, sloths, monkeys, and caimans. Tortuguero National Park preserves 51,870 hectares of land and is one of the last large tropical rain forests in Central America. Arrive at the lodge with plenty of time to explore the surroundings. A visit the Tortuguero villa and the Caribbean Conservation Corporation research center and museum are included.
Day 3: Tortuguero - Hotel Manatus Luxury
Visit the Canals of Tortuguero National Park|Canopy Zip Line. Wake up with the call of howler monkeys and savor a local breakfast at the lodge overlooking the canal’s scenery. Explore the flooded lowland rainforest of Tortuguero National Park, established to protect nesting sea turtles and the forest habitat, one of the best areas to see wildlife in Costa Rica. Bring binoculars and keep a keen eye out for river otters, monkeys, iguanas, and a myriad of tropical birds including macaws, toucans, and trogons. Come with us and enjoy an incredible adventure through the canopy of the trees in the middle of the forest from a different perspective.
Day 4: Corcovado - Casa Corcovado
Savor an early morning cup of Costa Rican coffee and a hearty breakfast before we will be transfer to one of the most biologically intense places on the planet Corcovado. Your adventure into the wilds of the Osa Peninsula begins with an airport transfer for the one hour flight to Drake Bay.
Everywhere colorful scarlet macaws fly overhead and monkeys cavort in the forest canopy. We spot spectacular tropical bird species and are always on Casa Corcovado is located in Drake Bay, on the outskirts of the Corcovado National Reserve on the Osa Peninsula. Drake bay, specifically, is full of unspoiled beaches and emerald blue waters perfect for swimming. Arrive at the lodge with plenty of time to explore the surroundings.
Day 5: Snorkeling Caño Island - Casa Corcovado
Enjoy your coffee in the morning before picked up in the lobby at your private tour exploring Caño Island by boat, spotting iguanas, monkeys, and beautiful birds A 45 minute boat ride takes us to Cano Island. Enjoy a picnic lunch with time for a swim or quick siesta on the beach before heading back to the lodge.
Day 6: San Pedrillo Hike| Horseback Riding - Casa Corcovado
Explore the unique Corcovado National Park on a guided hike. See wildlife up close and experience one of the richest biodiversities on the planet!
Day 7: Back to San Jose| Poas Volcano |San Jose By Night
Our naturalist guide will meet us at the airport to begin our adventure journey into the Central Highlands. Head to the Poas Volcano where you will get to see gorgeous Costa Rican views and the massive crater filled with a bright blue sulfurous lake. Finish the day hiking in the San Jose city.
Day 8: Back Home
Take a private transfer to the San Jose Airport where you will catch your flight back home. Check in 3 hours before your scheduled flight home.