Run up challenging mountains, through breathtaking forests, along awe-inspiring beaches with your local adventure guide. You’ll eat healthy, locally-sourced Costa Rican cuisine and learn about “Tico” culture and the true meaning of “Pura Vida”.
- Delve into Costa Rica’s vast natural wonders.
- Bed down in comfy lodgings throughout.
- Enjoy your running time.
- Indulge yourself and relax with beautiful sunsets in Manuel Antonio.
- Enjoy our welcome dinner in Costa Rica.
- 3-night accommodation in San José or similar.
- 2-night accommodation in Arenal or similar.
- 2-night accommodation in Manuel Antonio or similar.
- White water rafting and rappel
- Canopy Zip line
- Enjoy your welcome dinner in San José by night.
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner).
- Total running in km: 43.
- Professional assistance during the trails (personal guide, mini-van, energy drinks).
- Local guide.
- Small-group tour.
- Air-conditioned transportation. Mini-Van or similar.
- Airport taxes.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Extra beverages and alcoholic drinks.
- Meals, souvenirs and other local and personal expenses not specified in the itinerary.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- This itinerary is designed for minimum 15 years old people.
- Please note: optional activities can be purchased while in Costa Rica.
- Not recommended for participants with cardiac situations or special medical conditions.
|Duration||8 Days and 7 Nights|
Day 1: San José: Arrival and Welcome Dinner
Receive a warm, Costa Rican welcome at the SJO airport and then you’ll be transferred to your hotel. We will have a welcome meeting as a group and receive a detailed explanation of the upcoming training schedule (and weekend race if itinerary applies.) We’ll have our customary glass of wine to relax and share stories and expectations of the week to come.
Day 2: Best Views
Savor an early morning cup of Costa Rican coffee and a healthy breakfast before we head straight up into the mountains close to your hotel for one of the best views of the surrounding metropolitan area. We will be traveling and training about two hours (or 13 kilometers) in total to get ready for action-packed week in Costa Rica.
Today’s running distance: 13km (routes based on fitness level and shared on Sports Tracker or other training app.)
Terrain: Off-Road Gravel 70% Pavement 30%. A vehicle and certified guide will be nearby to provide assistance and hydration.
Day 3: Arenal Volcano: Arenal means Adventure!
Early in the morning we star a run through the Sabana Park only 15 minutes from your hotel in San Jose where our runners gather each morning. We will be training about an hour thirty minutes, to continue our journey to Arenal Volcano. Have a nice traditional Costa Rican breakfast and head toward the Arenal Volcano to arrive to your hotel near the Arenal Volcano. We’ll do a twilight run through the surrounding rural landscape and finish back at the lodge for a dip in the freshwater, spring-fed pool and toast to a day well done with a glass of wine. Fall asleep to the sounds of the jungle around you!
Today’s running distance: 10km (routes based on fitness level and shared on Sports Tracker.)
Terrain: Off-Road Gravel 50% Pavement 40%.
Enjoy the wildlife running & the hot springs
Day 4: Its time for adventure
It’s time for some adventure! Early in the morning we start running from our hotel through a wonderful off road surrounded by a Tropical Forest until Rio Chiquito you would have the opportunity as you run to enjoy the local wildlife like toucans, monkeys, mammals (20 kms or more that’s up to you), then we are refresh enjoy the Waterfall La Fortuna. At the base of the waterfall there is a “natural pool” where we can swim in the fresh water of La Fortuna River for about one hour. Back to the hotel to rest.
Today’s distance: 20 km. Altitude: (2000 ft)
Terrain: Gravel 100% off road
An ATV vehicle will be riding along to provide assistance and hydration.
Day 5-6: Beach Time
You will have time to enjoy the beaches of this tropical paradise on the gorgeous Pacific Coast of Costa Rica. In the afternoon we’ll get ready to continue running.
Day 7: Back to San José
Enjoy one, final swim in the ocean or run on the beach before transferring to your hotel in San Jose. Tonight we get together at dinner to review our mileage and group discussion on accomplishments, share photos and fondest memories of your adventures in Costa Rica.
Day 8:Back Home
Back Home take a private transfer to the San Jose Airport where you will catch your flight back home. Check in 3 hours before your scheduled flight home.