Enjoy some hike in different areas of the Costa Rican Caribbean, including volcanoes, mountains and near the beach. Starting in San José to transfer to Arenal, visiting its volcano and walking on waterfalls. Then you will go to the province of Guanacaste and see the clear waters of Rio Celeste. To finish you will go to the downtown of Quepos, where besides enjoying healthy walks you can take your time, take in the best rays of the sun and better sunsets.
This exciting multi-day itinerary includes comfy lodgings and the expertise of a local guide.
- A 8-day Costa Rica Hike Adventure itinerary.
- Delve into Costa Rica’s vast natural wonders.
- Do some hiking and enjoy the nature that surrounds you.
- Bed down in comfy lodgings throughout.
- Visit the downtown of Arenal and Quepos.
- 2-night accommodation in Silencio Lodge Luxury
- 2-night accommodation in Arenal or similar.
- 2-night accommodation in Quepos or similar.
- 1 night accommodation in San Jose or similar.
- Del Toro Waterfall, hike and cooking time.
- Fortuna Waterfall
- Celeste River
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner).
- Local guide.
- Small-group tour.
- Air-conditioned transportation. Mini-Van or similar.
- Airport taxes.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Extra beverages and alcoholic drinks.
- Meals, souvenirs and other local and personal expenses not specified in the itinerary.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- Please note: optional activities can be purchased while in Costa Rica.
- Not recommended for participants with cardiac situations or special medical conditions.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- Please be aware that a minimum physical condition is required.
- Not accessible by wheelchair.
|Duration||8 Days and 7 Nights|
Day 1: Arrive in San Jose.
Day 2: Del Toro Waterfall, hike and cooking time.
Around 15 minutes away, we have a hike challenge for you. You are going to down to the base of a roaring 400 foot waterfall that sinks into an extinct volcanic crater, one of Costa Rica’s most amazing sights. Come back to the Lodge to enjoy and cook like a Costa Rican. Pick all the organic veggies and herbs, because you are going to need for prepare Costa Ricans traditional dishes with our chef.
Day 3: Let’s hike it | Fortuna waterfall.
Your hike to Cerro Chato near the Arenal Volcano will be approximately 5 hours within a distance of approximately 8kms through semi-challenging terrain, up and down hills, and some muddy trails. You will hike through lush rainforests to the rim of an extinct volcano and see the neighboring emerald-green lagoon. During your walk you will have great views of the Arenal Volcano and the valley of La Fortuna. Bring your bathing suit, as you may have the opportunity to visit 200ft tall Fortuna Waterfall and swim in the clear river pools. In the evening, you can relax in the hot springs of your hotel.
Day 4: Arenal | Río Celeste.
Río Celeste, localized in Guanacaste, and like the name says the color describe perfectly how is the river, because it has a lot of minerals, that put the color in the water. In pictures it’s often mistaken for being photo-shopped. We are going to hike around five miles and the chance to seek a lot of biodiversity such as plants and birds.
Day 5: Quepos
American Crocodiles basking in the sun at the Tarcoles River bridge. Arrive in the afernoon and be ready for see one the most beautiful sunsets in Costa Rica.
Day 6: Hiking in the mountains of Quepos.
After enjoying fresh fruits and coffee, we start our adventure to hike in the Private Reserve in the middle of the jungle, starting on an old farm road then passing many creeks and waterfalls inside untouched rainforests. Along this road we have amazing views of this pristine area with great opportunities for wildlife and bird observation. Come lunchtime. All our meals are healthy, locally-sourced whenever possible, and sure to delight your entire family after an active and adventurous day.
Day 7: Back to San Jose | Special last dinner.
In the evening explore San Jose by night, complete with local markets, cultural icons, and a tasty dinner with blending wine – that’s your evening sorted!
Day 8: Transfer to San Jose Airport.
Private VIP Adventure transfer will take you to Juan Santamaria International Airport Check in 3 hours before your scheduled flight home.