We’ll take you to hike in a private reserve in the middle of the jungle, just to see the wildlife, creeks and waterfalls. Then we’ll go to the beach and enjoy snorkeling at the clear waters of Caño Island. And finally, we’ll go to the Poás Volcano and Arenal Volcano where you will get to see gorgeous Costa Rican views and the massive crater filled with a bright blue sulfurous lake.
- A 9-day Costa Rica Biking Adventure itinerary.
- Delve into Costa Rica’s vast natural wonders.
- Bed down in comfy lodgings throughout.
- Enjoy adventures with activities like snorkeling, hike or bike tour horseback riding.
- Visit Poás Volcano National Park.
- This itinerary starts on SJO Airport and ends on SJO Airport.
- Indulge yourself and relax with beautiful sunsets.
- 2-night accommodation in San José or similar.
- 3-night accommodation in Rafiki Safari or Manuel Antonio.
- 3-night accommodation in Corcovado or similar.
- Enjoy your welcome dinner in San José.
- Visit the Poás Volcano National Park.
- Snorkeling Caño Island.
- San Pedrillo Hike Adventure.
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner).
- Choose your adventure tour.
- Local guide.
- Small-group tour.
- Air-conditioned transportation. Mini-Van or similar.
- Airport taxes.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Extra beverages and alcoholic drinks.
- Meals, souvenirs and other local and personal expenses not specified in the itinerary.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- Please note: optional activities can be purchased while in Costa Rica.
- Not recommended for participants with cardiac situations or special medical conditions.
|Location||Jungle Safari and Corcovado|
|Duration||9 Days and 8 Nights|
|Dates||August 27 to September 4, December 08 to 16, December 23 to 31, July 16 to 24, November 03 to 11, November 18 to 26|
Day 1: Arrive in San José
Receive a warm Costa Rican welcome, transfer to your hotel. You’ll recognize your guide by their green shirt. He will be holding a sign with your name on it. At night we have a fun dinner with walking food tour.
Day 2,3,4: Manuel Antonio - Sloth Hike or Bike Adventure in the jungle
After enjoying fresh fruits and coffee, we start our adventure to hike in the Private Reserve in the middle of the jungle, starting on an old farm road then passing many creeks and waterfalls inside untouched rainforests. Along this road we have amazing views of this pristine area with great opportunities for wildlife and bird observation. Come lunchtime. All our meals are healthy, locally-sourced whenever possible, and sure to delight your entire family after an active and adventurous day!
We ended our day living the experience inspired as a Africa safari, staying at the lodge where we spent the next 3 nights enjoying activities like whitewater rafting, horseback riding to waterfalls, hiking, and world-class birding. All of your meals are included in your stay!
Day 5: Corcovado - Casa Corcovado
Savor an early morning cup of Costa Rican coffee and a hearty breakfast before we will be transfer to one of the most biologically intense places on the planet Corcovado. Your adventure into the wilds of the Osa Peninsula begins with an airport transfer for the one hour flight to Drake Bay.
Everywhere colorful scarlet macaws fly overhead and monkeys cavort in the forest canopy. We spot spectacular tropical bird species and are always on Casa Corcovado is located in Drake Bay, on the outskirts of the Corcovado National Reserve on the Osa Peninsula. Drake bay, specifically, is full of unspoiled beaches and emerald blue waters perfect for swimming. Arrive at the lodge with plenty of time to explore the surroundings.
Day 6: Snorkeling Caño Island - Casa Corcovado
Enjoy your coffee in the morning before picked up in the lobby at your private tour exploring Caño Island by boat, spotting iguanas, monkeys, and beautiful birds A 45 minute boat ride takes us to Cano Island. Enjoy a picnic lunch with time for a swim or quick siesta on the beach before heading back to the lodge.
Day 7: San Pedrillo Hike| Horseback Riding - Casa Corcovado
Explore the unique Corcovado National Park on a guided hike. See wildlife up close and experience one of the richest biodiversities on the planet!
Day 8: Back to San Jose| Poas Volcano |San Jose By Night
Our naturalist guide will meet us at the airport to begin our adventure journey into the Central Highlands. Head to the Poas Volcano where you will get to see gorgeous Costa Rican views and the massive crater filled with a bright blue sulfurous lake. Finish the day hiking in the San Jose city.
Day 9: Back Home
Take a private transfer to the San Jose Airport where you will catch your flight back home. Check in 3 hours before your scheduled flight home.