Costa Rica Bike Tours are perfect for families who love cycling
If you and your family love cycling, this Costa Rica bike tour is the perfect family vacation. We’ve created an excellent tour for those who are looking to explore the forest at a leisurely pace. We will ride our bikes through the rainforest and at the beach.
· An 8-day Costa Rica Biking Adventure itinerary.
· Delve into Costa Rica’s vast natural wonders.
· Bed down in comfy lodgings throughout.
· Enjoy adventures with activities like rafting, rappel and zip lining.
· Indulge yourself and relax with beautiful sunsets.
· Visit the rainforest.
· Take a walking tour through San José city, discovering the marvels in this city, its markets and restaurants.
· 2-night accommodation in Arenal
· 2-night accommodation in Monteverde
· 2-night accommodation in Manuel Antonio
· 1-night accommodation in San José
· Enjoy your last tour in San José discovering the marvels in this city, its markets and restaurants.
· Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner).
· Adventure tour.
· Local guide.
· Small-group tour.
· Air-conditioned transportation. Mini-Van or similar.
· Airport taxes.
· Gratuities (optional).
· Other services not mentioned in the itinerary.
· Extra beverages and alcoholic drinks.
· Meals, souvenirs and other local and personal expenses not specified in the itinerary.
· Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
· A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
· Please note: optional activities can be purchased while in Costa Rica.
· Not recommended for participants with cardiac situations or special medical conditions.
|Location||Arenal and Manuel Antonio|
|Duration||8 Days and 7 Nights|
|Dates||August 14 to 21, December 25 to January 01, July 31 to August 07, November 03 to 11|
Day 1: San Jose Welcome
Arrive in San José where one of our representatives will meet you and show you to your private transfer. Travel to Arenal. (Approx. 3 hours by car).
Arenal Lodging. Category: *** or *****
Day 2: Arenal | Whitewater Rafting & Rappel
Savor an early morning cup of Costa Rican coffee and a hearty breakfast before picked up in the lobby at your hotel for the adventure experience your trip begins with a 30-minute 4×4 drive into the tropical rainforest outside the town of La Fortuna, in the shadow of the Arenal Volcano. From the first waterfall we will rappel down from the top into the beautiful and pristine canyon below. We have 5 rappels, 4 of which are alongside or right in waterfalls, and one dry rock face. Then a short trek out of the canyon on a magical trail, jump back in the 4×4 vehicles and we will head over to the Balsa river and enjoy up to 2 exhilarating hours of white water action on this beautiful tropical Balsa river. Get wet and wild through rapids such as “Magnetic Rock” and “Dredges”. Enjoy a swim, some fresh tropical fruits and a cold drink followed by a hearty Costa Rican lunch. A great “combo” of adrenalin, fun and adventure. Back to your hotel.
Arenal Lodging. Category: *** or ***** Meals: B-L
Day 3: Monteverde |Cloud Forest Extreme Biking
Extreme intense ride 3-hours long or about 25 miles. We’ll start in the small town of Rio Chiquito, riding through the rolling hills along the edge of picture-perfect Lake Arenal before doing a technical river crossing.
Monteverde Lodging. Category: *** or ***** Meals: B-L
Day 4: Canopy Zipline | Dinner in the cloud forest...
Join us to move into the cloud forest for discovering this culinary experience in the forest…
Monteverde Lodging. Category: *** or ***** Meals: B-D
Day 5: Beach Time¡Manuel Antonio
Let’s pack up our belongings and head to the beach! In route we stop to view the huge American Crocodiles basking in the sun at the Tarcoles River bridge. Arrive late afternoon at Manuel Antonio, perfect for the sunset.
Manuel Antonio Lodging. Category: *** or *****Meals: B
Day 6: Bike in the Jungle
We start our adventure to bike in the Private Reserve in the middle of the jungle, starting on an old farm road then passing many creeks and waterfalls inside untouched rainforests.
Along this road we have amazing views of this pristine area with great opportunities for wildlife and bird observation. Come lunchtime. All our meals are healthy, locally-sourced whenever possible, and sure to delight your entire family after an active and adventurous day.
Manuel Antonio Lodging. Category: *** or *****Meals: B-L
Day 7: Back to San Jose - Special dinner in San Jose city
Enjoy a one final swim in the ocean or walk on the beach before transferring to San Jose. ¡In the evening time to get into the heart of this San Jose tour! discovering the marvels in this city, its markets and restaurants.
San Jose Lodging. Meals: B-D
Day 8: Back Home
Take a private transfer to the San Jose Airport where you will catch your flight back home. Check in 3 hours before your scheduled flight home.