Tours: City San Jose| Sarapiqui Rain Forest | Amazing Arenal Volcanoe |Manuel Antonio in the jungle
If arrival date of your vacation is within 60 days or less, full payment is required at time of booking. If arrival date is greater than 60 days please contact your Travel Consultant for payment plan details. This payment may be made through wire transfer or we are unable to accept personal or cashier’s checks.
General Trip Equipment
- The enclosed equipment list describes the specific items you will want to consider bringing. Keep in mind it is a tropical environment and will generally be warm. Therefore, one sweater or light jacket is sufficient for cooler climates. Shorts are not appropriate in the city, but very useful in the field.
- FOOTWEAR: the best hiking is lightweight trekking shoes with traction and mid high ankle support. Bring an extra pair of lightweight dry shoes or sandals to change into after the day`s hike. Sports sandals (that securely strap on such as the teva brand), are comfortable footwear anywhere on the coast, and around your lodge.
- HEADWEAR: A light hat with a wide brim, including protection for the back of the neck is best. A tie under the chin is advisable to prevent possible loss due to wind on boats.
- COLD TEMPERATURE AND RAIN GEAR: A lightweight rain coat or poncho is very useful. A light to medium-weight jacket, sweater or synthetic fleece garment is necessary for cool nights at high elevations such as Savegre Valley highlands.
- FLASHLIGHTS: Flashlights are important for getting around the more remote lodges at night as they do not have electrical power 24 hours a day.
- DAYPACK: A good quality day pack is necessary to carry thinks like your water bottle, camera, binoculars, snack food, fields’ guides and rain jacket.
|Duration||6 Days and 5 Nights|
Day 1: San José
Receive a warm, Costa Rican welcome transfer to your hotel. After introductions, your local guide will review the details of your tour.
Meals: Dinner Included
Experience Included: San Jose by Night
- Experience San Jose by night with a local to guide the way
- Explore markets, significant city buildings, and local neighborhoods
- Immerse yourself in the culture and history of the city
- Indulge in a tasty local menu filled with authentic local ingredients
- Sip expertly selected wine pairings as you dine
Day 2: Come see the Costa Rican Rainforest
Savor an early morning cup of Costa Rican coffee and a hearty breakfast before hopping in your private transfer from Sarapiqui, this region is one of the most exuberant and lush places in Costa Rica, you’ll head off to discover the secrets and marvels of one of humankind’s favorite foods – chocolate. Back to San Jose around 2:00pm.
Experience Included: Tropical Rainforest and Chocolate Adventure
- Discover the secrets and wonders of one of the world’s favorite foods – chocolate!
- Take on the Tirimbina Suspension Bridge and cacao plantation
- Enjoy a delicious local lunch at another private reserve
- Get a closer look at the home of the most intriguing tropical rainforest local at the leaf cutter ant farm
Day 3: Arenal - Amazing Volcano
Enjoy a cup of coffee in the restaurant of the hotel. Have an adventure filled day! Go on a hanging bridges tour, at a peaceful reserve to explore the nature trails and see Arenal wildlife. See Arenal from the confines of its stunning jungle on an exciting canopy tour. Soar through the lush forests of Arenal as you see nature up close! Finish your day relax in the hot springs. Back to San Jose around 7:00pm.
Experience Included: Hanging Bridges and Hot Springs
- Hanging Bridges are a beautiful, environmentally friendly project located near the Arenal Volcano.
- The trails span a total of 2 miles, allowing you to see the rainforest from a bird’s perspective!
- Your naturalist guide will teach you about Costa Rican culture, history, and nature, while pointing out different species of plants, animals and birds along the way.
- Relax in the hot springs
Day 4: Pura Vida Experience in San José
Unmask the beauty of contemporary Costa Rican life on this walking tour of San Jose and Escazu. Get hooked up with some of Costa Rica’s local legends, freshest food (make your own tortillas anyone?) and rustic restaurants on this San Jose tour that has you walking in holy footsteps and riding public transport for the ultimate insiders experience!
Experience Included: Pura Vida Experience
- Discover a tale of two cities, exploring the real Costa Rica in San Jose and Escazu, the “city of witches”
- Walk the spiritual route of churches and learn the rich local history of Catholicism
- Experience the lively atmosphere of the Central Market, and stroll through San Jose’s largest green space, La Sabana Metropolitan Park
- Visit a legendary masquerade family, renowned for their traditional Costa Rican masks
- Feast on authentic local cuisine at an eighty-year-old inn and learn the traditional way to make tortillas
Day 5: Amazing Hike Adventure near to Manuel Antonio Beach
Finally experience one of Costa Rica’s most beautiful places. About an hour and a half inland from the beaches of Manuel Antonio, there’s an incredibly beautiful but unpaved road that will take you to the village of Quebrada Arroyo and the private reserve. After enjoying fresh fruits and coffee at Vicki’s Restaurant, we start our hike to the Private Reserve with your private guide. Waterfalls and swimming holes! Along this road we have amazing views of this pristine area with great opportunities for wildlife and bird observation. Once in the Reserve there is time to swim in a great natural pool at the base of a waterfall, see vanilla orquids, as well as other tropical species. After a delicious typical lunch, we drive back to San Jose on the way enjoy the amazing sunset.
Experience Included: Amazing hike and sunset on the beach
Day 6: Transfer Out
NOT INCLUDED SERVICES
Tips and gratuities//• Insurance of any kind//• Personal expenses • Medical costs, hospitalization and evacuation and any other extra expenses due to unanticipated changes in our itinerary for reasons beyond control//• Meals, souvenirs and other local and personal expenses not specified in the above itinerary are also not included. Extra beverages and alcoholic drinks//• Always carry enough cash for the international ($29) airport departure taxes