Experience the best of Costa Rica with this great, well-rounded tour package, suitable for the entire family
This 8-day Costa Rica eco-adventure package combines three unique locations, each one as wonderful as the next. This “best of Costa Rica” vacation package allows you to experience a wide variety of destinations, landscapes, and climates while minimizing travel times.
A 8-day Costa Rica budget adventure itinerary.
The opportunity to see sloths, monkeys some of Costa Rica’s spectacular birdlife.
Search for the beautiful quetzal in the cloud forest reserve
Admire the classic cone-shape of Arenal Volcano
Share the stunning white-sand beaches with sun
Bed down in comfy lodgings throughout.
Ideal for families.
- 1 night accommodation Hotel in San Jose. Category:***
- 2 night accommodation Hotel in La Fortuna. Category:***
- 2 night accommodation Homestay in Monteverde
- 2 night accommodation Hotel in Punta Leona.Category:***
- Maleku Experience and Farm visiting
- Hike in the cloud forest
- Cooking Class
- Don Juan Coffee & Chocolate
- San José By Night with dinner
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner).
- Transportation and local guide
- Airport taxes.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Extra beverages and alcoholic drinks
- Meals, souvenirs and other local and personal expenses not specified in the itinerary.
- All prices are in US $ plus fees and taxes (13%).
- Duration: 8 days – 7 nights.
- Age: 6+.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- A minimum of 1 people per booking is required.
- This itinerary is designed for families with kids . On every package expedition we see grandparents, parents, and children sharing activities, sharing the discoveries, and creating a bright, collective family memory.
- ***+13% Taxes and Fees *Prices in US Dollars
- Must arrive on Saturday our 2017 – 2018 departures dates.
PRICE PER PERSON:
|2 Double Occupancy||3 Triple Occupancy||4 Cuadruple Occupancy||1 PAX|
|Location||Arrival San Jose, Arenal, Monteverde and Punta Leona Beach, Departure from San José|
|Duration||8 Days and 7Nights|
Day 1: San José-Arenal.
Your adventure begins! Arrive in San José where one of our representatives will meet you and show you to your private transfer. You will travel to Arenal where you will stay at the Montaña de Fuego hotel.
Overnight at Montaña de Fuego. Category: ***
Day 2: Arenal – activities to enjoy in your hotel: Maleku Experience and Farm visiting.
Adventure with new friends in our indigenous cultural rescue project. The village of Palenque Arenal says capi capi and welcomes you to an amazing experience of nature, cultural immersion and ancestral art. Learn about the medicinal uses of plants from the rainforest, create your own colorful traditional artwork and even learn a few Maleku´s words.
After this experience have Fun Visiting ther Farm Where You Can Feed, Care and Interact with Farm Animals. Full Recommended for Families!
Overnight at Montaña de Fuego. Category: ***Meals: B
• National Park –• La Fortuna Waterfall – • Ziplining Canopy Tour –• Rafting • Horse riding –• Mountain Biking –• Canyoning –• There are many other adventure activities of this nature on offer.
Day 3: Monteverde Cloud Forest.
Savor an early morning cup of Costa Rican coffee and a hearty breakfast ,we travel from Arenal to Monteverde by boat , this transfer service starts with one friendly drivers stopping by your La Fortuna hotel to pick you up. You’ll drive past the Arenal Volcano and over the earthen dam along the pristine, Lake Arenal. You’ll also have amazing birdwatching opportunities along the way as you pass by isolated, remote Lake Arenal islands filled with herons, cormorants, anhingas — you might even be able to spot an elusive river otter or coaties along the way.
Once you get to the other side of Lake Arenal, there will be another van waiting for you for this stretch of the Costa Rica transportation. You’ll stop along the way at the Don Juan Coffee & Chocolate farm for a thoroughly enjoyable and informative tour to learn the whole process and history of Costa Rica coffee and chocolate. You will even participate in picking some beans and experience the whole coffee toasting and roasting process. Of course you’ll be able to imbibe in some delicious Costa Rica coffee straight from the farm and amazing chocolate. Have a nice lunch and continue to your homestay. Homestays are an excellent way to immerse yourself in the Costa Rican culture. Enjoy the peace and culture of a costarican home in the midst of the forest, surrounded by agriculture and ecotourism. As part of the family, you will practice speaking Spanish every day and at the same time you will learn first-hand about the Costa Rican way of life.
Monteverde Lodging. Homestay. Meals: B-L
Day 4: Hike in the Cloud Forest.
This morning walking through the cloud forest will lead you to the Quetzals habitat. The main purpose of this tour is to experience the incredible interconnectivity of the rich biodiversity found in the cloud forest. At the end of your hike, you visit the local women’s handicraft cooperative where you can view and purchase locally made crafts. Also, you can enjoy in your homestay delicious homemade meals prepared with love and wooden stove.
Monteverde Lodging. Homestay. Meals: B-L
Day 5-6: Punta Leona Beach .
After exploring Monteverde for 2 days, it is time to go to the beach and have fun! After breakfast at your hotel you will be transferred to Punta Leona white sand beach where you will have time to explore the surroundings, go sailing, or simply relax by the pool of the hotel.
Punta Leona Lodging. Category: *** Meals: B
Day 8: Back to San Jose.
Enjoy one final swim in the ocean or walk on the beach before being transferred to San Jose. This evening, join your guide for a guided tour through San José city. Explore San Jose by night, complete with local markets, cultural icons, and a tasty dinner with wine pairings – that’s your evening sorted!
San José Lodging. Category: ***Meals: B-D
Day 8: Departure from SJO International Airport
Private transfer will take you to Juan Santamaria International Airport. Check in 3 hours before your scheduled flight home.