Tortuguero and Cahuita Beach
Come see two wonders of nature! Turtles nesting and hatching in the sands of the Caribbean Sea and Whales reproducing in the waters of the Pacific Ocean. Costa Rica is a sea turtle paradise. Tortuguero National Park it is a suitable place for hiking and observing the diversity of flora and fauna. The coast is a place where four species of sea turtles nest: Green Turtle, between April and August, is the most prevalent, followed by the Leatherback sea turtle, between February and July; the Hawksbill sea turtle, from April to October, and finally the Loggerhead sea turtle, from April to May. Throw in the mix good hotels, good food and good places and you have a winner combination for an unforgettable vacation
- A 6-day Costa Rica ecocultural itinerary
- Delve into Costa Rica’s vast natural wonders
- Watch the turtles nesting in Tortuguero
- Enjoy a mix of active adventure and downtime
- Bed down in comfy lodgings throughout
- 2-night accommodation Hotel in San José. Category:***
- 1-night accommodation at Lodge in Tortuguero.Category:****
- 2-night accommodation at Guest House Playa Negra Cahuita. Category:***
- Boat tour through the canals of Tortuguero
- Night turtle-nesting tour optional in your own
- Cahuita National Park
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Small-group tour
- Air-conditioned transportation. Mini-Van or similar
- Local guide
- Airport taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Extra beverages and alcoholic drinks
- Meals, souvenirs and other local and personal expenses not specified in the itinerary
- All prices are in US $ plus fees and taxes (13%).
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 1 people per booking is required
- This itinerary is designed for minimum 7 years old people
- Please note: optional activities can be purchased while in Costa Rica
- Please be aware that a minimum physical condition is required
- Must arrive on Sunday our 2017 – 2018 departures dates.
PRICE PER PERSON:
|2 Double Occupancy||3 Triple Occupancy||4 Cuadruple||1 PAX|
|Duration||6 Days and 5 Nights|
|Location||Arrival and Departure San Jose- visit Tortuguero and Cahuita|
Day 1: Arrive in San Jose
One of our representatives will welcome you at the International Juan Santamaria Airport, then you will be transferred to your hotel in San José . Depending on the arrival time, we might suggest some optional activities for tonight, such as a tour through the city of San José, discovering the art of craft beer.
San Jose Lodging. Category: ***. Meals: –
Day 2: Tortuguero National Park
A representative from Mawamba Lodge will be pick you up at 6:00 am in the morning to transfer you and travel through some of the richest rainforest on earth at Braulio Carrillo National Park on our way to Limón, where we board our boat to Tortuguero. Our boat cruises along canals that wind through the dense jungle and may reveal spider, howler and white-faced capuchin monkeys, tree sloths, caimans and birds.
Here in the tropics, steady sunlight, constant rain and warm temperatures create an intense incubator for a profusion of species. A visit the Tortuguero villa and the Caribbean Conservation Corporation research center and museum are included in the afternoon. During the night, we will embark on an amazing adventure, searching for turtles nesting on the protected beaches of Tortuguero.
Tortuguero Lodging. Category: ****. Meals: B-L-D
Day 3: Visit the Canals of Tortuguero National Park and continue to Cahuita Beach
Wake up 05:30 a.m. with the call of howler monkeys and savor a local breakfast at the lodge overlooking the canal’s scenery. Explore the flooded lowland rainforest of Tortuguero National Park, established to protect nesting sea turtles and the forest habitat, one of the best areas to see wildlife in Costa Rica. Bring binoculars and keep a keen eye out for river otters, monkeys, iguanas, and a myriad of tropical birds including macaws, toucans, and trogons. Also, don’t forget to bring cash to pay for your National Park fee.
8:00 a.m. Breakfast is served at the Lodge. We kindly ask you to check out of your room around 8:30 am, and gather around the reception/ souvenir shop area for departure at 9:00 am back to La Pavona, on a return ride from your way in. 11:00 a.m. Arrival to La Pavona, use the restrooms before boarding the bus for continue to the Caribbean side Cahuita sand beach.
Guest House Cahuita. Category: ***. Meals: B-L
Day 5: Back to San Jose
Enjoy a one final swim in the ocean or walk on the beach before transferring to San José. This evening, join your guide for a guided tour through San José city. Explore San Jose by night, complete with local markets, cultural icons, and a tasty dinner with wine – that’s your evening sorted!
San Jose Lodging. Category: ***. Meals: B-D
Day 6: Adiós a Costa Rica
Take a private transfer to the San Jose Airport where you will catch your flight back home. Check in 3 hours before your scheduled flight home.