Costa Rica is famous for its waterfalls and we’ve discovered the most exciting cascades to explore
This is an eco-adventure vacation package for those seeking to challenge themselves and try as hard as they can to reach, and surpass, the limits of their own strength and courage. An amazing and new adventure in which you will cross rivers, walk through challenging terrains, jump from river stone to river stone, jump off waterfall cliffs and swim in their pools, and even do some rock climbing with ropes.
A natural amusement park for adults, Costa Rica offers thrilling, adrenalin pumping adventures with all of its amazing waterfalls and biodiversity.
- A 10-day Costa Rica luxury adventure itinerary
- Delve into Costa Rica’s vast natural wonders
- Visit 6 hidden waterfalls in different places
- Enjoy a mix of active adventure and downtime
- Bed down in luxury hotels throughout.
- 2-night accommodation Hotel in San José. Category ****
- 1-night accommodation in Sarapiqui. Category ***
- 2-night accommodation Arenal Hotel. Category *****
- 2-night accommodation in Bagaces Hotel. Category ****
- 2-night accommodation in Manuel Antonio. Category*****
- Entrance fee to hot springs
- Hike through Cerro Chato
- Entrance fee to Rio Perdido hot springs and trails
- Visit Private Reserve with amazing views
- Visit 6 different waterfalls throughout the Costa Rican territory
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Small-group tour
- Air-conditioned transportation. Mini-Van or similar
- Welcome at the airport with personalized logo
- Enjoy at least 1 surprise during your itinerary
- Complementary gift to those celebrating a special occasion (birthday, anniversary, honeymoon, etc.)
- Complementary room for tour escort with a minimum of 10 rooms
- Complementary bottle of water during transfer in with a minimum of 10 participants
- Local guide
- Airport taxes
- Gratuities (optional).
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Extra beverages and alcoholic drinks.
- Meals, souvenirs and other local and personal expenses not specified in the itinerary.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- A minimum of 4 people per booking is required.
- Please note: optional activities can be purchased while in Costa Rica.
- Please be aware that a minimum physical condition is required.
- Travelers should be healthy enough to participate in all included walks without assistance. Adding optional excursions may increase the total amount of walking on your tour.
- You should feel comfortable managing your own baggage at times, as well as getting in and out of boats.
- If you have any mobility concerns or physical restrictions, please contact our Customer Experience Team.
Clothing & packing tips:
- We recommend packing lightweight, loose-fitting clothing that can be easily layered. Comfortable, casual clothing and a sturdy pair of walking shoes are a must for sightseeing.
- A lightweight jacket is recommended, as the temperatures will change with the elevation throughout your tour.
- A sun hat, sunglasses and rain gear will help you stay comfortable in all types of weather. You may also wish to pack a swimsuit.
- Binoculars are handy for a closer look at local wildlife and scenery.
You may want to pack dressier attire if you plan to visit a high-end restaurant or attend a special performance.
Day 1: Arrive in San José.
One of our representatives will welcome you at the International Juan Santamaria Airport, then you will be transferred to your hotel in San José, just 25-min away from the airport.
Overnight in San Jose. Category: **** Meals: D
Day 2: San José - Sarapiquí
The adventure begins today with a 2-h trip to Sarapiquí area, where we visit a small rural town in the border of the mountains. From here, we will do a 6-hour hike (roundtrip) searching for a wonderful and mostly unknown waterfall. The terrain is a bit difficult, in some point you should rappel and climb with ropes to continue, but the reward will be stunning. A local from the small town and your guide will always be available to assist you during the trail.
A very important aspect of this adventure is that, while we are enjoying and discovering this hidden forest, we are supporting the nearby town by providing a job to locals through tourism. These people used to hunt several animals in the forest, including the Jaguar.
Tonight, a healthy and delicious dinner will be served at the inn, just what you need to recover your strength.
Overnight in Sarapiqui. Category: ***. Meals: B-L
Day 3: Sarapiquí - La Fortuna
After a hearty breakfast, we continue our journey to the town of La Fortuna, home of the majestic Arenal Volcano. On the way, we will make a stop to discover another waterfall close to the Poas Volcano area.
After that, we will arrive onto the town of La Fortuna, where we will stay for 3 nights.
Overnight in Arenal. Category: *****. Meals: B- L
Day 4: Cerro Chato and La Fortuna Waterfall
Enjoy a cup of coffee and a well-balance breakfast, and get ready for a day full of adventure that will test the limits of your strength. We will start with a medium-level hike in the Cerro Chato, and ancient crater that existed before the Arenal Volcano which is now a small mount that also forms a lake on the top. We will hike for about 6 hours (roundtrip) on a challenging terrain.
After that, we will have a well-deserved lunch in the town, before continuing with our next adventure. We will arrive at La Fortuna Waterfall, considered to be a landmark on the area and one of the attractions you must not miss when visiting to Arenal. A 70-meter high natural marvel that has a natural pool with fresh, cooling water, where you can swim and refresh.
Overnight in Arenal. Category:*****Meals: B-L
Day 5: Having Fun with the Gravity Falls
After breakfast one representative will pick, you up in the lobby from the hotel and transfer to the adventure¡¡¡ Go beyond canyoning that you already know and join us on this intense, Costa Rican expedition. We take you on a nice drive through beautiful country roads and up into the mountains. From there, wehead deep down into the Costa Rican jungle. Our guides will suit you up with high quality harnesses and helmets before embarking out on your once in a lifetime rainforest expedition. Start off with a heart-pumping rappel down an impressive 140-ft tropical waterfall.
You’ll drop into a large, deep pool of incredibly crystal-clear water and have a chance to swim your way onto shore. This will prepare you for the following adrenaline-pumping adventures of this multi-sport canyon adventure. You’ll hike through the rainforest to where you’ll reach a continuous series of waterfalls and cliffs. Your professional and experienced guides, will help you push your limits as you jump off 10 to 30-ft waterfalls and cliffs into the deep canyon pools. You’ll be one of the first to be able to explore this pristine wilderness!
Overnight in Arenal. Category: *****Meals: B-L
Day 6: Manuel Antonio Beach
Rise and shine! Enjoy a hearty breakfast before heading to the Central Pacific coast of Costa Rica, a 3-hour drive. On the way, get a safe view of the large crocodiles at the Tarcoles River bridge. Experience the spirit of Costa Rica’s pura vida, a concept that reflects the positivity and joy of the Ticos, as members of the Tarcoles community open their doors to you for a local-style lunch. At Don Urbano and Dona Miriam’s simple casa, sample Urbano’s fresh catch of the day alongside many other typical Costa Rican treats. At Manuel Antonio, we will stay for the next 3 nights where we will be able to enjoy a beautiful sunset from the main pool.
Overnight in Manuel Antonio. Category:*****Meals: B- L
Day 7: Hidden Waterfall
Today, we visit a marvel of nature, just 1 hour away from Manuel Antonio. The trip will take us even further into the south of the Country, to an area close to Marino Ballena National Park. At this place, there is one waterfalls 45 meters high and another one 20 meters high, both forming a 1,000-square meter and 6-meter-deep pool. After a short hike unveiling the secrets of this land, we earned a well-deserved free time to enjoy the natural pools that form in the base of the waterfalls, before returning to the hotel for dinner.
Overnight in Manuel Antonio. Category:***** Meals: B-L
Day 8: Hike in the Jungle
After breakfast we start the adventure, a local guide will take you for a walk on the Mirador El Pacífico Pathway (2 hours) while explaining about local fauna and flora, and the use of native plants by local people. Part of the adventure will be crossing by the aerial tram through giant trees, then get to the Mirador El Pacífico, from where you can observe the Río Savegre Valley and the Manuel Antonio Coast. Upon returning, we will be served a tasty typical lunch.
After lunch, we will walk on the Poza de Olivo Pathway (1 hour), crossing a suspended bridge. Here we will find another hidden gem: Los Chorros Waterfalls and the Olivo Spring where we can take a swim.
This afternoon, we travel back to San José for our last night before leaving Costa Rica.
Overnight in San Jose. Category: ****Meals: B- L D
Day 9: Adiós Costa Rica
After breakfast, you will be transferred to the Juan Santamaría International Airport for your flight back home.