If you love running, we have created a new concept of tourism for people who love to run. It is the perfect mix of fitness and running training, while enjoying the sumptuous beauty of Costa Rica. Our mission is accommodating your needs both as a runner and as a tourist. We offer our clients the possibility of spending their holidays running through the splendor of Costa Rica’s forests. Your vacation will include stay at the best nature hotels, guided running’s with assistance in the most gorgeous areas in Costa Rica, daily nature and adventure activities with the best local guides of tourism.
- A 8-day Costa Rica Running Adventure itinerary.
- Delve into Costa Rica’s vast natural wonders.
- Bed down in comfy lodgings throughout.
- Enjoy your running time around wildlife.
- Indulge yourself and relax with beautiful sunsets in Tamarindo.
- Enjoy our last dinner in Costa Rica.
- 2-night accommodation in San José or similar.
- 2-night accommodation in Arenal or similar.
- 2-night accommodation in Monteverde or similar.
- 3-night accommodation in Tamarindo or similar.
- White water rafting and Canopy Zip line
- Enjoy your last dinner in San José by night.
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner).
- Total running in km: 65.
- Professional assistance during the trails (personal guide, mini-van, energy drinks).
- Local guide.
- Small-group tour.
- Air-conditioned transportation. Mini-Van or similar.
- Airport taxes.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Extra beverages and alcoholic drinks.
- Meals, souvenirs and other local and personal expenses not specified in the itinerary.
- Duration: 10 days – 9 nights.
- Age: 15+.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- This itinerary is designed for minimum 15 years old people.
- Please note: optional activities can be purchased while in Costa Rica.
- Not recommended for participants with cardiac situations or special medical conditions.
|Location||Arenal, Monteverde & Tamarindo|
|Duration||10 days and 9 nights|
|Groupsize||3 to 8|
Day 1: Arrive in San Jose
Receive a warm Costa Rican welcome and transfer to the hotel. After the welcome, there is a group dinner at the hotel and right after a detailed explanation of the training schedule.
Day 2: Arenal Adventure White Water Rafting
Savor an early morning cup of Costa Rica’s coffee and a hearty breakfast before star a run through the Sabana Park only 15 minutes from your hotel in San Jose where our runners gather each morning. We will be training about an hour thirty minutes, to continue our journey to Arenal Volcano. On the way we are enjoy the white water rafting class 2/3 Balsa River. After meeting with your river guide we will drive 30 minutes to put in where the fun begins! Your guides explain the safety procedures and safety equipment before embarking down the river. Enjoy up to 2 exhilarating hours of white water action on this beautiful tropical river. Get wet and wild through rapids such as “Magnetic Rock” and “Dredges”. Enjoy a swim, some fresh tropical fruits and cold drinks followed by a hearty Costa Rican lunch at the end of our journey.
Today’s distance: 15 to 20 km. Altitude: (3000 ft)
Terrain: Pavement 100%off road
Approximate Temperature: 20 º – 35 º C
Elevation (ft.): 3000.
Day 3: Enjoy the wildlife running & the hot springs
It’s time for some adventure! Early in the morning we start running from our hotel through a wonderful off road surrounded by a Tropical Forest until Rio Chiquito you would have the opportunity as you run to enjoy the local wildlife like toucans, monkeys, mammals (20 kms or more that’s up to you), then we are refresh enjoy the Waterfall La Fortuna. At the base of the waterfall there is a “natural pool” where we can swim in the fresh water of La Fortuna River for about one hour. Back to the hotel to rest.
Today’s distance: 20 km. Altitude: (2000 ft)
Terrain: Gravel 100% off road
An ATV vehicle will be riding along to provide assistance and hydration.
Approximate Temperature: 20 º – 35 º C.
Day 4: Cloud Forest
Savor an early morning cup of Costa Rican coffee and a hearty breakfast before picked up in the lobby at your hotel for a transfer to Monteverde. Located in the Tilaran mountain range in Puntarenas Province, Monteverde is well known worldwide for its cloud forest, the ecology of which has been the subject of ongoing research for more than 40 years. It is also known for its settlement of Quakers, immigrants from the United States who came to live in Costa Rica in the 1950s for its tradition of peace. Your home for the next two nights is a comfortable lodge surrounded by rainforest. On the way to Monteverde we start running from the Arenal Lake dam 25 kms approximately or more that’s up to you, across we will have a spectacular view.
Today’s distance: 25 km. Altitude: (2000 ft)
Terrain: Gravel 60% off road Pavement 40%
A vehicle will be riding along to provide assistance and hydration.
Day 5: Canopy Zip Line
In the morning we are feeling like a bird that flies through de tree tops… That’s the way you will feel doing the canopy tour, a perfect combination of adventure, nature and adrenaline. After this experience we run through private trails, you will have a good opportunity for bird watching, as there’s been over 80 species of birds counted on the property alone (including toucans, bellbirds and mot-mots). At end of the afternoon we will enjoy a beautiful sunset view with local’s chees and wine or natural local drinks.
Day 6,7,8: Beach time
Day 9: Back to San Jose |Special last dinner
Day 10: Back Home
This day one of our transport representatives will drive you from your hotel to the International Airport. Check in 3 hours before your scheduled flight home.