Discover Costa Rica’s ample natural and cultural offerings on a family-friendly 8-day adventure trip. Beginning in San Jose, you will also visit a smoldering volcano, choose between a whitewater rafting excursion with a rappelling tour or a canyoning tour with a tropical cooking adventure, and finally enjoy two full days of white-sand beach time at Manuel Antonio National Park. While there, you can go for for a swim, do some scuba-diving or simply rest at the beach.
This exciting multi-day itinerary includes comfy lodgings and the expertise of a local guide.
- A 8-day Costa Rica adventure itinerary.
- Delve into Costa Rica’s vast natural wonders.
- Rappel, whitewater raft and enjoy ample beach time.
- Enjoy a mix of active adventure and downtime.
- Bed down in comfy lodgings throughout.
- Ideal for families.
- 2 nights accommodation at Hilton Garden Inn San José or similar.
- 2 nights accommodation at Arenal Paraiso Hotel in La Fortuna or similar.
- 3 nights accommodation at Costa Verde Hotel in Manuel Antonio or similar.
- Visit to the Poás Volcano National Park.
- Visit to La Paz Waterfall Gardens.
- Choice of tour: White water rafting tour and rappel tour or Canyoning tour and Tropical Cooking Adventure.
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner).
- Local guide.
- Small-group tour.
- Air-conditioned transportation. Mini-Van or similar.
- Airport taxes.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Other services not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Extra beverages and alcoholic drinks.
- Meals, souvenirs and other local and personal expenses not specified in the itinerary.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required.
- This itinerary is designed for minimum 15 years old people.
- Please note: optional activities can be purchased while in Costa Rica.
- Not recommended for participants with cardiac situations or special medical conditions.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- Please be aware that a minimum physical condition is required.
- Not accessible by wheelchair.
|Duration||8 Days and 7 Nights|
Day 1: San José.
You will be picked up from the airport in San Jose and transferred to the hotel in San Jose where you will spend the night.
Overnight at Hilton Garden Inn.
Day 2: Poás Volcano and La Paz Waterfall Gardens.
After breakfast, you will meet your guide and travel from San Jose to the Arenal Volcano area (2-hour drive approximate). On the way, you will visit the Poás Volcano National Park where you can admire the impressive main crater with its sulfur fumaroles and learn about the different ecosystems in this unique and protected national park. After this visit, head towards La Paz Waterfall Gardens, where you will enjoy a delicious lunch before starting the tour inside the park. This tour includes a visit to the hummingbird gallery, the serpentarium, the bird house, the butterfly garden and the frog’s exhibit.
At mid-afternoon, you will continue your journey toward the Arenal Volcano area (2-hour drive approximate), through several lowland plains, tropical farmlands and small towns.
Overnight at Arenal Paraiso Hotel (B,L).
Day 3: Day Adventure, choice of tour: White Water Rafting and Rappel.
Enjoy a hearty breakfast and a Costa Rican cup of coffee. Today, you can select 1amazing combo tour:
On the first one, you will start the adventure with a 30-minute 4×4 drive into the tropical rain forest, just outside the town of La Fortuna. Here you will rappel down into the beautiful and pristine canyon. There are 5 rappels, 4 of which are alongside or right in waterfalls, and one on dry rock face. Then, you will head to the Balsa river to enjoy a 2-hour exhilarating white water rafting tour. In the middle of the adventure, you will enjoy some fresh tropical fruits and a cold drink along with a delicious cold lunch.
On the second option, you will go to a canyon 20 minute outside the town of La Fortuna. Here you will Rappel down waterfalls and a canyon wall, there is even a Monkey drop (zip line & rappel) and a rock climb all in a spectacular rainforest canyon. It is a morning full of adventure! Then you will enjoy a Tropical Cooking Class on a kitchen overlooking the magnificent Arenal Volcano. You will be greeted by Chef Scott and his team at Costa Rica Cooking academy. They will teach you how to prepare a delicious Costa Rican 3-course meal while enjoying unlimited tropical mojitos and tropical juices. What a joy!
You will end this perfect day of adrenaline, fun and nature with some down time at your hotel.
Overnight at Arenal Paraiso Hotel (B,L).
Day 4 & 5 & 6: Manuel Antonio Beach .
After exploring Arenal for 3 days, it is time to go to the beach and have fun! After breakfast at your hotel you will be transferred to Manuel Antonio beach (4-hour drive approximate) where you will have time to explore the surroundings, go sailing, or simply relax by the pool of the hotel.
Overnight at Costa Verde Hotel (B).
Day 7: Back to San Jose.
Enjoy one final swim in the ocean or walk on the beach before being transferred to San Jose (3-hour drive approximate).
Overnight at Hilton Garden Inn (B).
Day 8: Flight Back.
After breakfast, you will be transferred to the Juan Santamaria International Airport for your flight back home.
Note: You will check-in 3 hours before your scheduled flight home according to the regulations imposed by the airport..